Control Union is a global network of inspection operations and dedicated laboratories. Our specialty: Independent worldwide cargo surveying and superintendence. Through innovative solutions, specialized services and product knowledge, we offer complete packages for logistics, quality and quantity management. From the country of origin to the final destination, and with an open mind towards clients’ demands.
The PCU Group is a network of independently operating service companies that mainly operates under the trade name of Peterson and Control Union.
Control Union is a risk management expert, operating a global network of offices and laboratories. It is a privately owned company founded in 1956 by a group of companies, including Peterson in Rotterdam. Now, Control Union is fully owned by the Peterson and Control Union Group.
The specialist activities of the group’s companies’ compromise:
- Commodity inspections and laboratory analyses for agricultural, mineral and consumer products in dry or liquid form;
- Certification of processes and systems relating to food, feed, latex, fibres, textiles, forestry, biomass and biofuel products for traceability, safety and sustainability.
- Collateral management for financed goods.
- Industrial testing and inspection related to the oil and gas industry for production and exploration, both onshore and offshore.
- Logistics management, including 4th party concepts, distribution, storage and transshipment, customs formalities, documentation and ships’ agencies.
- Non-toxic pest control and conditioning of goods and warehouses, gas measurements.
- Satellite based geo-information and automated data analyses.
- Projects in logistics management, commodity chains, project management, sustainability, risk control.
- Pre-shipment inspections.
Our certification services are performed under the name of Control Union Certifications when a centralized accreditation is involved. Laboratory services are executed by various Control Union operations. Our sister company, TLR International Laboratories in Rotterdam, operates the largest laboratory in the group and acts as a knowledge and competence center. Moreover, it assists in the development of other Control Union laboratories.
To guarantee swift and reliable service, we operate offices in most of the major ports and business areas, thus we offer a unique network to our clients. We firmly believe in a decentralized organization in order to give room for creativity and entrepreneurship. This approach enables the group to develop innovative and flexible solutions for our clients and avoid bureaucracy. Nevertheless, all business units need to comply with our safety, Quality, sustainability and financial management system.
For more details, please visit our website: